Thursday, August 4, 2011

Victoria

After our research cruise, we did a tour of the city. Our local volunteers and I (the former resident) showed the others around. It was a beautiful day.

the EmpressVictoria hanging flower basketsBC Parliament
Emily Carr and friendEmily Carr and friend Emily Carr and monkey friend

Parliament
I kind of liked how Parliament was overrun by children.

by Parliament
RogersRogers
Government StJohnson
JohnsonMarket SquareChinatown, Victoria

Put a bird on it
I had to explain this reference to my colleagues, none of whom had seen Portlandia.



Chinatown, VictoriaChinatown, VictoriaChinatown, Victoria
Chinatown, VictoriaChinatown, VictoriaChinatown, Victoria
Chinatown, Victoria
Ogden Point
Ogden Point
Olympic mountainsOgden PointVictoria
Victoria kite surfers
BC 190
Victoria, Dallas Road
Victoria, Dallas RoadVictoria, Dallas RoadVictoria, Dallas Road
Cadboro BayCadboro Bay
Cadboro Bay

I remember playing on the Cadboro Bay octopus when I was in grade 3, and we came to visit my grandfather.

Cadboro BayCadboro Bay
Cadboro Bay

I spent the rest of my time up on the peninsula.

California poppy
The California poppies are something I miss from my time out west. They're everywhere.

bird sanctuary
I went to the bird sanctuary. This is an oystercatcher.

bird sanctuary

heron -bird sanctuary
That's a great blue heron, but you'll have to take my word for it. Mainly, I got decent photos only of snakes.

snake
snake
snake
bird sanctuary, Sidney
snake
great blue heron
R2D2, Sidney
R2D2

I spent the evening with friends in town.

platypus

sailboat, Sidney
vintage car, Sidney
There are a lot of vintage cars there. There's no winter really, and they seem to last forever.

No comments: