Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Copenhagen Interpretation

SNiels Bohr portrait detailo, I was a little dismayed surprised that my post about my Bohr block print did not get any comments, but it occured to me that perhaps I shouldn't casually mention the Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, without an explanation. Maybe, there was simply too many words, of a foreign, quantum mechanical nature. I do tend to the verbose at times.* So, I've found you a puppet show to make it all clear. The production values are terrible, but that's part of the charm. That, and the role of the German Sheppard. Some scientists I know had mixed feelings about casting a Bichon Frise as Einstein, but I feel that the genius of Paul Ehrenfest as a hedgehog makes up for that. Plus, he does make a good case for Wolfgang Pauli as a gargoyle.

The Bohr-Einstein Debates, With Puppets from Chad Orzel on Vimeo.



(via Science Blogs)

*I went and quoted Rutherford, after all. He went around saying things like, "Physics is the only real science. The rest are just stamp collecting," which is not a good way to make friends in other disciplines.

No comments: