Saturday, May 7, 2011

Don't get me wrong....

moths2

I got no quarrel with the insects. Just because they have six legs and an exoskeleton is no reason to revile 'em. The beasties of the Lepidoptera order are beautiful and multifarious. We take their cousins the butterflies as symbols of the soul. I've personally long maintained that butterflies are the new pirates, with their ever-increasing popularity. I understand that insects will share my habitat - and even my home - as they, after all, were here first. We may even compete for the same resources in our shared environment. It's just the expensive tastes of the moths... they've crossed the line. It's not like I even own very many cashmere items, and the little bastards went after them all.

So, I'm printing broadsides. As RJH said, "Because there's nothing a moth hates more than a strongly-worded pamflet."

moths1

Linocut, (inked à la poupée), 12.5 inches wide by 14 inches, on Japanese cream-coloured kozo (or mulberry paper). The first image shows one with various washi chine collé.

Apparently, it's International Print Day so it's apt that I finished this today.

No comments: