Sunday, November 3, 2013

Zed, new and improved

ZZebra2

Honestly, I was so keen to finish the alphabet, I didn't even notice I failed to reverse the 'Z' prior to carving my zebra, until it was politely pointed out to me. RJH says now that my backwards Z for Zebra can be a 'collector's item' when I'm famous, hahaha. Anyhow, I was able to carefully re-jig the block and insert a new piece of lino to produce a new edition with the same zebra and a correct Z.

The instinct to draw letters in the right orientation is so strong that I really find it remarkably easy to forget to reverse them for block prints.

While I had assembled my quilt, I hadn't actually quilted it (or sewn the layers together) yet... so I was able to replace the reversed-z quilt block with a normal z quilt block.

No comments: