Saturday, August 31, 2013

Q for Quail

QforQuail005I'm working on a baby quilt (of course). I've actually finished the quilt top, but I decided for the back, it would be great to include my block printed, illustrated letters on fabric. I've now made 14 letters, so I still have 12 to carve, but I should still have plenty of time to finish, I hope. Here's my latest: Q for Quail. I love how the top feather on a California quail sort of mimics the tail of a q. I used to see bustling little quail families regularly when I lived on Vancouver Island. They always struct me as having funny personalities; they managed to seem a wee bit pompous yet bumbling.




QforQuail004
QforQuail003
QforQuail002


These are open edition, printed on various Japanese papers, 14.8 cm or 5⅞ inches square.

QforQuail001

No comments: