Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hearts milestone: 2000

scan of multimedia valentine If you read this blog, you know I love getting hearts. It's gratifying, encouraging feedback from the invisible people who actually find and appreciate my work. Today I have 2001 hearts on things from secret minouette places! Etsy now calls them 'admirers' but we all know these as ♥s. So, I'd like to take a moment to thank each and every one, as well as the 791 Etsy followers, 844 twitter followers, 1215 pinterest followers, 591 fans of the things from secret minouette places fanpage, and last but not least, anyone who follows this blog! I love that 2001 people have seen my art, let alone added it to their favorites, so it's really encouraging and appreciated.

I remember reading kozyndan stated that 2000 real fans could support an artist (and they are a two-person team). I don't think that everyone who adds a ♥ to things from secret minouette places would meet their definition of a real fan (which I gathered was more of a close follower, liable to purchase something whenever you come out with something new), but it still feels like maybe it might suggest that interest in what I create is getting to be the right order of magnitude... which is quite amazing to me.

No comments: