Thursday, November 22, 2012

Scorpius and Seahorses

I made another linocut in the zodiac series - Scorpius the scorpion (associated with Scorpio, of course).

Scorpius

I printed an edition of six prints, 5 inches by 9 inches (12.7 cm by 22.9 cm) on lovely, deep blue, handmade, Japanese kozo (or mulberry) paper with silk fibres.

And a couple of seahorses: Mirabelle (the bird watcher) and Seymour (the cryptozoologist with a sea monster obsession).

seahorseMirabelleseahorseMirabelle reverse
seahorseSeymourseahorseSeymour reverse

I've got some dinosaurs on the go too, but it's really too dark here for any proper photos.

I hope any of you celebrating Thanksgiving south of the border are enjoying yourself. Here apparently all the news is about whether or not Calgarian football fans could ride a horse through the Royal York hotel (eventually, they did). I swear that's all the mentioned on the radio, all day.

No comments: